Thursday 1 March 2012

Indie Publishing

I've been reading a lot about indie publishing from personal interest. There are a lot of naysayers and a lot of yaysayers and it's easy to get demotivated. In one day I can go from the extreme of wanting to finish the book or the story that I'm working on to deciding I just might not be good enough.

But as everyone does keep saying, or at least the people I'm listening to, every person's journey is different and you need to find what works for you. What works for me is reading less of Konrath and Hocking's blogs, maybe a bit more of Dean Wesley Smith's but only because he's encouraging slow growth. We don't all need to be overnight successes. And those of us without extensive backlists broken over legacy publishing, it'll take a bit longer but if you focus and write, eventually it will come. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment